You are invited to a Holiday Cookie Exchange!
Date: Saturday December 6, 2014
Time: 12 noon - 4pm
Place: Maison Haisell, 10211 Springmont Drive, Richmond (Near Steveston Village, or No. 1 and Williams)
HOW TO COOKIE EXCHANGE LIKE A PRO
- Bring a potluck lunch dish to share
- Three dozen (36) of your home made cookies (brownies, bars, also ok!)
- The recipe for those cookies
- Keeners can package in holiday wrap if they like. I'll post here how many to put in each baggie.
- Please no store bought cookies!
- A good sized air tight container to bring home your cookie stash
- Dress: Casual Holiday Festive. This is the perfect time to bust out your Christmas Sweaters!
- RSVP BY DEC 1 WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
We will have lunch, socialize, and you will leave with a variety of cookies to enjoy over the holidays. Please feel free to bring a cookie-loving buddy. They do not need to participate in the cookie exchange if they do not want to but please let me know if they are, so we can estimate how many of each cookie each person will get.
Sometime in an ambitious future, I will email you a recipe book with photographs of all the cookies and their recipes. To make the book interesting, it would be great if we could get a variety of different types of cookies. Here is the pie book we made in 2013! It was alot of fun!
It's First Come, First Served
- Jason C and Christina S: Oatmeal Cookies | Macaroni & Cheese
- Ivy and John: Earl Grey Shortbread, Chewy Ginger Spice Cookies | Everything else
- Christina F: Thumbprint Cookies | Chow Bee Hoon
- Doreen F: Custard Spritz Cookies | Drinks
- Jenny L: Chocolate Chip | Humous, Pita and Vegis
- Josephine & Bob: Turtle Thumb drop cookies | Roasted Vegi Quinoa Dish
- Janet Y: Cream Cheese Cookies and Shortbread | Spare Ribs
- Rona T + Sister: Rugelach | Leafy Green Salad
- Angelina T +Jamie Thompson: Madeleines | Mini Baked Potatoes
- Veronica, Randy and Adrian Deluna: Chocolate Chip | Cheese and Onion Loaf, Chicken Wings
It looks like there's 10 parties participating in the swap so bring nine packs of four cookies.
Note: Jason is allergic to all nuts except almonds and peanuts so in your baking please be very conscious not to include those nuts, or let us know if your cookie may have other nuts so we can let Jason know. You are still welcome to make cookies with nuts.