For Don's Birthday we took off to the Blue Canoe in Steveston. Amid the plethora of tourist trap fish and chip restaurants in Steveston there are a few restaurants with good food for the locals to enjoy year round. It has several charming al fresco dining areas with kitschy nautical decor, polite wait staff, and good honest food.
On the table:
- Canoe Fish and Chips - $15.49
- Grilled baby romaine salad & crab cake - $17.99
- Grilled chorizo Poutine with chicken gravy and cheese curds - $10.99
- Waterfront Burger - beef patty, roasted wild mushrooms, guinness cheddar, crispy pancetta, grainy mustard aioli - $8.99
- Ling cod Paella - prawns, mussels, chicken, chorizo, squid, peppers, saffron jasmine rice - $27.99
- Grilled chicken breast Sandwich with pesto aioli, caramelized apples, brie, arugula, tomato, sourdough bread, with handcut fries or wild greens - $14.49